Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Warren Buffett's advice to students

"My advice generally is to sop up everything you can. You're not going to run out of storage room in your brain, so take advantage of everything that is of interest. You will never have another opportunity like this in your lifetime.

"I ask students what they would do, if when they were sixteen, a genie came to them and told them that they could have the car of their dreams. The only catch is that it is the only car they will ever have. I know what I would do; I would study the owner's manual until I had it memorized, and do everything I could to keep the car in the best shape possible. When you are sixteen, you only have one brain and one body and that is all you are ever going to get.

"Follow what you are passionate about. I think it is crazy to be someplace where you feel your ethics or whatever is out of sync with your work. You really want to be in a place where you jump out of bed in the morning and you are all fired up to get to work. I have always felt that way, basically."

- Warren Buffett


Actions:

  • Read and learn everything that interests you and be very good in it
  • Learn and practice use your brain and your body better every day
  • Focus your energy on what you are passionate about

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home