Thursday, December 29, 2005

Effective habits and great tools to carry out

In his famous essay "You and Your Research", Richard Hamming suggests that you ask yourself three questions occassionally:

  • What are the most important problems in your field?
  • Are you working on one of them?
  • Why not?

I think these three questions are great tools to "Put first thing first". I suggest everyone to ask this questions every morning before you start your day.


Another good set of questions to ask to "Have an end at the beginning" (inspired by Richard Hamming's) are:

  • What path to success do I want to choose if I can only pick one for a life time?
  • What's the life style like if I choose this path?
  • What's it like every day if I choose this life style?

Preferrably ask them every weekend or every end of the month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home